Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Organization.
Our mission is to conduct Pathayathirai alias Walk on auspicious day to bring the community together on a healthy social note.
Social walk with friends and family to Concord for Thaipoosam on Iron horse trail from San Ramon central park.
Thaipoosam is a Hindu festival celebrated on the full moon in the Tamil month of Thai (January/February).The festival commemorates the occasion when Parvati gave Murugan a vel "spear" so he could vanquish the evil demon.
Belief is that devote a physical burden through which implore for help from the God Murugan! take a vow to offer to god for the purpose of tiding over or averting a great calamity. We are happy that, we could bring amazing experience to people in this area from the year 2011.
* Thaipoosa Pathayathirai (walk) 2020 is an organized one day walk with proper permit on Feb 8th Saturday from San Ramon (Bishop Ranch 15) to Concord (Wren Elementary school).
* Registration is a MUST to participate in this walk as per permit.
* Currently Registration reached the limit; if there are drop outs, we will open up again on Jan 25th.
* We are not responsible for any other (walk) messages floating around.
* If you were able to register using the link then you are good and you will receive further communication in a week.
Volunteer Registration is here. https://forms.gle/YZ9LJJDBy3ycV83d8 .
Registration reached to the limit of 2,000 and now it is closed. Thanks to East bay park district for their continued collaboration and support. Please send your thanks note to East bay park http://www.ebparks.org/about/contactus.
1. Registration is compulsory for every participant. Please use one of the below links to register.
Starting from San Ramon - https://forms.gle/tiZug5KwxZz79tcu6
Starting from Walden Park - https://forms.gle/QMBPnspoAKuVeLTf7 Please print and bring the registration when you come on the event day.
2. There is NO entry fee or donation required, but here are certain guidelines that needs to be followed to comply with safety, logistics and the permit rules & regulations from the authorities. This is mandatory for all participants.
3. Starting Points
The San Ramon starting point is at Bishop Ranch 15 , which has a huge parking lot, and must be strictly followed, NO parking at San Ramon City center on Bollinger Canyon Road or near the tennis courts.
The Walden Park starting point. NO parking here; please drop off the participants here, then park the car in Pleasant Hill Bart and join them as needed.
4. Ending Point
Wren Elementary School, Concord . Just off of the trail!
5. No group registration Each individual needs to register separately. , For minors <18, Parent needs to register. On the event day, registrants will get a wrist band when they submit the signed registration form at the Registration Booth at the starting point. Registration will be closed as soon as we reach the set number for the event.
6. All registered participants will receive a band which is required to be worn from starting point till the end point..
View map of 2020 Thaipoosa Walk route( Updated on 1/8/2020)
Convey your thanks to east bay park http://www.ebparks.org/about/contactus for providing permit to use the trail facilities.More on Iron horse Trail https://www.ebparks.org/parks/trails/iron_horse/default.htm
Walk is open to all people, religion and race. All are welcome.
Check weather and better to get a rain poncho.
Thanks to all sponsors, volunteers, agencies and participants for making 2019 Thaipoosa walk event great success.
This event is brought to you by passionate volunteers and generous sponsors like you to bring the tradition here locally.
Vanakkam! I would like to share a wonderful experience by a Portuguese women (I’m not sure if I have mentioned the correct country) Here is the details Note she requested not to mention her name but asked me to share her experience in our group. I was volunteering in Walden park and suddenly around 2:00PM a women approached me and was complementing how well we have organized this whole event. When I thanked her she continued to share her experience, seems like she was doing her usual walk and saw many of us, due to her interest to different culture she had reached out to a group and enquired more details. This group of people (not sure who 😊) not only explained but also encouraged to walk with them She happily did walk all the way to temple had good Darshan and got the prasadam too She is now saying going forward she would like to walk every year This really made my day and felt blessed Concord Muruganuku Arokara!!!
Well organized and executed. Kudos to the organizers and all the volunteers. If possible, publish the volunteer list and their efforts.
Hats off to all the volunteers. There are no words...Very well Organized all the way to temple. Super delicious food. So much hard work by all of you. My sincere thanks for the great work and bringing the community together. Arohara!
அருமையான 👌 அனுபவம். பங்களித்த / ஏற்பாடு செய்த அனைவருக்கும் மிக்க நன்றி 🙏 மிக அருமையான வானிலையும் கூட ! மீண்டும் அடுத்த வருடம் சந்திக்கும் வரை நன்றி 🙏
Disclaimer: You are participating in the walk on your own interest and you are responsible for your own act. No one from or other organiztion or volunteers or other facilitators should be held liable for anything. This event is facilitated by passionate volunteers.
Keywords: Concord Thaipoosam or Thaipusam or Thaipusa Walk, pathyathirai, padayatra from San Ramon Central park